The wording of this headline struck me as odd...
Bill puts guns in cockpits, but Senate support less likely.
Or maybe I just have a dirty mind...
There was an article (front page, actually) in Time about vegetarianism. They listed 10 different kinds, and I decided to put them here:
1. Sproutarianism - A diet built primarily around sprouted seeds, such as bean sprouts, wheat sprouts, or broccoli sprouts, but usually supplemented with other raw foods.
2. Fruitarianism - Nothing but fruits and berries. But don't panic: that includes lots of juice as well as grains, nuts, seeds, legumes and even tomatoes and eggplants - in short, any part that a plant can easily replace.
3. Raw Foodism - Excludes anything cooked past 118° F, the point at which enzymes begin to be destroyed. Some practitioners belive that Jesus ate mostly raw foods.
4. Veganism - No meat, dairy, eggs or other animal products - not even honey. Many vegans also avoid wearing leather.
5. Ovo-vegetarianism - Call this group Generation Eggs. They eat vegetables plus eggs, on the theory that the hen would lay them even if we didn't eat them.
6. Lacto-vegetarianism - Vegetables and dairy products but not eggs. You can have butter, cheese, whipped cream, milk shakes, ice cream.
7. Ovo-Lacto-vegetarianism - The most commonly practiced vegetarian regimen. Ovo-lacto-vegetarians eat vegetables, eggs and dairy.
8. Pesco-vegetarians - they eat fish (because fish don't have sophisticated nervous systems)
9. Pollo-vegetarians - they eat chicken
10. Semi-vegetarians - People who who frequently, but not systematically, avoid meat and dairy.
I've been a semi-vegetarian for several years...I'm trying to be a pollo-vegetarian. But I've never and wasnt planning on calling myself a vegetarian...meat is meat.
Eggplants freak me out. I wish people would stop buying them so I wouldn't have to touch them.
My mom is insane...she says ice evaporates...not water...ICE. ice doesnt evaporate....does it?
I'm watching this thing on the disney channel. late at night they show old disney stuff. they were just explaining about the multi-plane camera. they explained who and why and what and where and how and all that. and they had footage of them setting up the multiplane camera and what it looked like while they were shooting and then what the final product looked like....and i was impressed. even though this is all black and white and took place a long time ago and we have WAY more advanced stuff now, but it really was quite impressive and entertaining.
i lost my play button
theres this crazy lady who hangs out at smiths. shes really short, really old, and really crazy. and she hangs around at smiths for hours. she talks to the cashiers (and baggers) and complains about who-knows-what. i usually cant understand a single word she says. today, she was joking around with one of the cashiers who *jokingly* said "if you do that, I'ma hafta kick you out" or something like that. she got SO upset and started crying to another cashier and then (get this) sliced her forearm with her fingernail a few times. and you know how old people's skin is so thin? she started bleeding like crazy...someone got her bandaids. I've heard stories about her flashing people, too, and saying things like "if you think i'm sexy now, you should've seen me in my early days" (remember...this woman's at least 80 years old). she's insane...seriously. i seriously think she has a mental problem.
oh yeah, you know when i said "you'll never guess who i saw"? anthony hopkins was at smiths yesterday. yeah...i was in the same building as hannibal lector.
Wow...Kittie's coming to abq...at the sunshine, too...i'd think they'd want a bigger place, but hey...whatever. its not like i'm gonna go, anyway.
I'm already bored and it's only almost 11. damn. i might go to bed early tonight. say...before 4.
I love filter. well, i'll rephrase that. i love filter's cd, title of record. i havent really heard anything else of theirs except for their new single. this cd is just unlike anything else. i cant even describe what they sound like...
My mom is so protective. Overly so. She's still paranoid about the goldfinger show on saturday, and has now decided i need to go with someone there and then spend the night at their house. Despite never having gone to jay's house, she's decided its not safe for me there. "you'll have to walk from your car to the door and it'll be dark!!!" yeah....its kinda like that at every house. i might be able to talk her out of making me give someone a ride (not that i dont want to, its just i cant find anyone). but i still need to find an abq friend to spend the night with. i feel kinda weird saying "hey, mind if i knock on your door at midnight and sleep on your couch?" especially if they didnt (or especially if they werent allowed to) go to the show too...And my mom just decided this today, which doesnt give me much time to find someone.
SO...if anyone i know in abq wants to offer a couch for a night, i will be so grateful. please, someone. if i cant find someone, i'll have to lie, or she's coming with me.